Faculty of Science and Technology (FST)
Knowledges, Skills, Careers
Bachelor of Science (3 years)
- 10 BSc professional programs, producing employable graduates
- 20 BSc programs, preparing for postgraduate studies
A BSc degree gives opportunities for superior technician, supervisor and middle management jobs as well as access to several examinations for public positions. BSc graduates can also apply for admission in engineering schools. BSc programs at the FST are grouped by thematic portals ; the first 3 semesters are dedicated to the acquisition of a common scientific knowledge base, the last 3 semesters are focused on portal-specific courses. Students that have validated 2 years of higher scientific education studies can apply to the last year of the Faculty of Science and Technology BSc program.
The Faculty of Science and Technology also offers distance learning programs at graduate level: www.cvtic.unilim.fr
Master of Science (5 years)
- 6 MSc professional programs, producing employable students at engineer level,
- 4 MSc research programs, preparing for doctoral studies,
- 5 MSc general programs, preparing for higher level jobs in private or public sectors.
A MSc degree gives access to recruitment examinations for primary and secondary school teachers.
Doctoral studies (8 years)
- 4 thematic PhD schools, preparing for doctoral studies in a science laboratory affiliated to the Faculty of Science and Technology, and jobs in Research and Development in private or public sectors
Teachers are also researchers
- The quality of research conducted in the 3 institutes associated to the Faculty of Science and Technology – GEIST, IPAM, XLIM – is acknowledged by major national research institutions : CNRS, INRA, INSERM
- Our science laboratories are connected with the regional economy through 2 competitive clusters : ELOPSYS (microwaves, photonics, secure networks, digital design) and the European Center of Ceramics.
Receive an up-to-date, quality education connected to ongoing challenges in the society, developing innovation and creativity. You will have the chance to work with world-class researchers and share their passion for discovery through introductory research courses, research projects, lab internships, PhD theses…
Teaching and Research Areas
Courses are delivered in French, except where otherwise specified.
Sciences and Technologies of Information and Communication
- Algorithmics, Symbolic Computation and Numerical Optimization (courses delivered in English)
- Information Security and Cryptology
- Computer Science, computer graphics and graphic design
- iXeo: Electronic, Optical and Telecommunications Technologies
- Network Architecture and Technologies involved in Communications circuits
- Physics and Chemistry for high Perfomance Materials
- High Perfomance Materials Engineering
- Inspection, Maintenance and repair of Civil Installations
Chemistry, Environmental Control and Protection
- Water Quality and Treatment
- Engineering, Water Management and Environment
- Bio-molecules, Organic Synthesis, Medication and Environment
- Recycling Solutions for Agricultural and Forestry Ressources
Life and Health Science
- Genetics, Physiology, Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Distribution
- Tropical Neuroepidemiology and Parasitology
- Biotherapy, Genomics and Biotechnology for Health
- Zoonoses and Environment